Samer has been working in the field of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning since 2014.
In 2014, Samer was hired by Damascus International Airport as a Control and Automation Engineer for 9 months. During his job, he developed multiple automated systems to control all conveyor belts in departure hall using PLCs and HMIs.
In the middle of 2015, Samer was hired by Rachis Systems Sdn. Bhd. in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia as a Research and Development Engineer. After one year, he was promoted to be the Research and Development Team Lead. During his job, he led multiple projects in the field of computer vision using traditional machine learning algorithms like SVM and decision trees, and modern deep learning algorithms like artificial neural networks and convolutional neural networks. Also, he worked in multiple projects in the field of meta heuristics optimization algorithms like genetic algorithm and particle swarm optimization. In addition to, he worked in developing simulation environments for multiple network routing protocols like LAR, OLSR, and AODV. Now Samer is hired by a company in Turkey for developing a web application for analyzing the generated content on social media websites like Facebook and twitter.
In the research field, Samer has two research articles published in juried journals. The first one is about developing an algorithm to analyze a video captured by a kinect camera to recognize the human action in the video. The second one is about developing encryption algorithm using artificial neural networks. At the beginning of 2018, Samer started his master research in the field of computer engineering (artificial intelligence) where he is working on detecting diabetic retinopathy from fundus images using the state of art algorithms in the field of deep learning.
Research and Development Team Leader Company NameRachis Systems Sdn. Bhd. (Jul 2015 – Dec 2017)
- Analyse projects’ needs and build the vision for the project track
- Mange the project and organize the tasks among the team members according to the project vision
- Lead the team in Implementing algorithms in the field of machine learning, pattern recognition, computer vision and meta-heuristic optimization search.
- Lead the team in implementing simulation environments for ad hoc routing protocols
- Analyse the performance of the implemented algorithms
- Assure the quality of the implemented projects
Control and Automation Engineer
Damascus International Airport (Sep 2014 – Jun 2015)
- Implementing new projects in the field of automation systems (PLC, SCADA and HMI)
- Monitoring and maintaining the equipment of the departure and arrival halls (scales, conveyor belts and electric panels)
International Islamic University Malaysia
Master’s degree Field Of Study Computer and Information Engineering (2018 – 2020)
Bachelor of Engineering – BE Field Of Study Computer Engineering and Automation (2009 – 2014)
Grade CGPA: 91% , Rank: 1st in class